Friday 1 January 2016

2016

Happy New Year! As a Chinese saying goes: 一年之计在于春,一日之计在于晨, the planning for the year should be done in the spring and the planning for the day should be done in the morning. To start to year right, we have to start planning earlier on the year so that we can enjoy the fruits at the end of the year. So, I'm going to write down my resolutions for 2016 in the first post of this new year.
(Image source: stux, pixabay.com)

Tracking my spending

I started this last year, but it's been going on quite on and off most of the time and I haven't been recording all of my spending. This year, I'm going to be more disciplined about tracking my spending and reducing the amount of "ghost spending". (Here's an article on how much Singaporeans spend on unplanned spending: Cost of unplanned spending: $2.6k a year)

Increase my savings rate

After tracking my spending, I hope to cut down on unplanned spending and increase my savings rate. I'll use the increase in savings to help build up my emergency fund as well as increasing the amount that I invest each month to help generate more passive income. I think how much we make is less important than how much of it we actually manage to save

Be more organized

Setting a time to review my investments and finances is something I really should start this year.

Blog more actively

I used to have more free time but as we approached the end of the year, my free time seemed to keep on disappearing and now I blog only maybe once or twice a week. I'll do my best next year to blog more actively (maybe twice a week for a start), but then that is also subject to whether I can think of interesting topics to post about......

Summary

New year, new start. These are my investing and finance resolutions for 2016 which I hope to be able to stick to. The first 3 are good habits which I really should have started long ago though, sigh.

What are your new year resolutions for 2016?

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, you can subscribe to my blog via email or like this blog's Facebook page

2 comments :

  1. Hey Idea wish you have a good year ahead. You have been blogging pretty frequent actually. Good job! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giraffe Value,

      Happy New Year and thank you :)

      Delete