Wednesday 21 October 2015

50,000 Page Views

This blog passed 50,000 views a few days ago (really sorry about that, had no time to blog about it then), which is not bad considering that the blog is only slightly older than 4 months. I thought I should do a post to reflect on my experiences as a blogger, as well as to share some stats and info on the blog.

Original photo by CEphoto, Uwe Aranas / CC-BY-SA-3.0

So, for those that do not know how I got into investing in the first place you can look at my post on it here: How I Started Investing. After starting investing and learning more about personal finance, mostly through books and online sources (I quite like Business Insider as a source of information), I started taking a larger interest in it and started looking at different companies and having some ideas, which is what led to this blog, where I share ideas on investing, personal finance and the stock market in general.

Looking back at this 4 month journey, it has been very enjoyable, with many comments from readers and other finance bloggers on my posts which make me think harder about my point. I've also gotten some emails from readers asking me about their opinions as well as one who has since started his own finance blog over at Riches That Stick. Being able to share my opinion and discuss (hopefully it's a dialogue instead of a monologue) has helped me to frame my thoughts, gaining a different perspective and have some fun while blogging on topics that I enjoy.

This blog also seems to have done quite well, with 26 likes on Facebook and a small number of email subscribers :) This pales in comparison to some more popular finance blogs (it really is quite saturated with great writers), but it's a nice feeling knowing that there are still people out there reading my content and maybe forming their own opinions on it as well.

If you're curious, the most popular post for this blog so far is on Did I Miss the Boat?, with 892 page views. My favorite posts are some of the older posts on my thoughts, especially Thoughts on Investing for Dividend Yields and Thoughts on Investing in REITs. I enjoy blogging on the topics that may split groups of people, like the one on dividend yields vs growth investing, so I can share my own take on them, things won't be too interesting if everyone talks on the same topics, right?

To conclude, I would like to thank readers and other financial bloggers for their support for this blog and I hope to be able to continue to deliver great content for you to think about and enjoy.

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, you can subscribe to my blog via email or like our Facebook page

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations on ur milestone! It is nice to read about different views, different takes and different opinions. That way we learn to see things from different perspectives and do a bit more thinking. Two thumbs up for splitting groups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JSI

    Your content is good, and am sure your blog will get better and better. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete