Sunday 11 October 2015

3 TED Talks You Should Watch

This is my 100th post on this blog!

Ok, back to this post. It's not on investing or finance, but I wanted to share 3 of the TED videos which I've been watching in my free time this weekend, which I've found contains some useful information that we can use in our daily lives
Julian Treasure: How to speak so that people want to listen


I've found this quite useful, especially since we have to communicate with someone every day for whatever purpose we may have. Being able to talk to get people to listen is a part of effective communication. The first part of this video may seem rather obvious, but the part that I found useful is from 4:18 onwards when he talks about how you say things, how you use your voice.


Julian Treasure: 5 ways to listen better



Same speaker, the topic on listening is also part of effective communication. Look from 3:58 to see the tips/exercises that he suggests would help improve your listening.

Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are



I'm sure you know that non-verbal communication is important. This video shows some of the ways that it affects you as well as some of the ways that you can improve your posture to use your body language to your advantage

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, you can subscribe to my blog via email or like our Facebook page

No comments :

Post a Comment