Wednesday 19 August 2015

Wongamania Challenge 2015

(Just to be clear, I'm not affiliated with Wongamania or the company which designed it, Capital Gains LLP, sharing this as I thought I should share a nice event by a local company)

This is a way overdue post, but since the event is still a week away I think its still timely to write this post to share this event. The event is the Wongamania Challenge 2015. The game played is Wongamania (one of the games I mentioned in my post on 3 Board Games that Help To Increase Your Financial Literacy) I'm not able to make it (due to other commitments), but I think its a good opportunity for people to learn more about finance and interact with like-minded people.


You don't have to know how to play the game to participate (or so I've been told).

So the rest of this post will just be to give a more detailed view of the game (some of the info in my previous post may be repeated here)

The inspiration behind the game is to help the average investor learn about economics and investment psychology. Instead of having to read and memorize books that may be thick enough to stop a bullet, learning through playing a board game seems like a much more attractive option.

The game works by bringing players around into 4 different economic stages in an economic cycle, which are Recovery, Growth, Stagnant and Recession stages. To more accurately depict real life, there are Incident and Global cards which are cause by events that could happen in real life and will affect gameplay. It teaches players about the different elements involved when investing and managing their own finances. In this respect, I think it's one of the most comprehensive games I've come across so far as it is able to cover these elements. 

While it seems a bit more complicated and more difficult to pick up for the average investor like you and me, there are videos that the creator has created to help educate us on how to play the game (which can be seen here). And for more information on the event, you can go here

On a side note, I think its nice to see local companies coming up with such interesting products, I should really try to support them more in my daily life.....

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, you can subscribe to my blog via email

No comments :

Post a Comment